Corporate giving, also known as corporate philanthropy, refers to the act of for-profit companies donating some of their profits or resources to charity. Donations may come from the company directly, or through a separate, company-sponsored foundation or public charity.

Corporations most commonly donate a cash gift, but they also donate the use of their facilities, property, services, expertise, or advertising support (sometimes called in-kind gifts). They may also set up employee volunteer groups that then donate their time.

Minnesota businesses want their contributions to reflect their values and want their giving to be a visible sign of these values in practice.

The following are ways your business or company might contribute to helping build environments where all children and families thrive:

  1. Donate by Mail — If you prefer to donate through the mail, please make your check payable to PCAMN/MCCC and send it to:MCCC/PCAMN
    709 University Avenue West, Suite 141
    Saint Paul, MN 55104
  2. Sponsorships  Become a corporate sponsor and attend one of our Annual Events to show your support of our mission to prevent the abuse and neglect of every Minnesota child.
  3. Memorials  Contribute a special gift in memory of an employee who cared about the issue of child maltreatment, or in honor of an employee who was a champion for children in the workplace.
  4. Employee Gift Match  Employers many times match the gifts of their employees. Please consider this type of giving to support the adults and family members who work in your organization.
  5. Volunteer  A significant way you can make an impact on our work is to volunteer your time and energy at one of our events and/or to volunteer your time and expertise to help us build capacity internally to better serve your community. More information is available by calling our Saint Paul Office at 651.523.0099.
  6. United Way Designated Funds  While we are not currently a United Way funded Agency, you do have the ability to tell your employees as well as your United Way Campaign Managers that you would like your United Way donations to be sent to our agency and support our mission.
  7. Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)  Our organization participates in the CFC almost every year. If you are a Federal Employer, we have a special code that you can use when making your contributions. During the campaign time we will post that code on our site for your convenience.
  8. Supplies or Facility Space — We are always in need of supplies for our Circle of Parents’ groups and Children’s Education groups. We have a list of items that are always helpful for our families to receive. We are also in need of meeting space or technology donations that help us connect to parents and families across Minnesota. Call our office for more information.
  9. Collections – Individuals or groups can raise money by turning e-waste into fundraising cash by collecting items such as used printer and toner cartridges, cell phones, and laptops. Some good information and ideas can be found HERE.