**Information will be updated as it becomes available. Check back often!
This is a list of resources that communities can use to build awareness about stopping child abuse and neglect before it happens and to create environments where all children’s development is nurtured.
April is Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month!
- Resilience Webinar Series
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month Website: This is definitely the “go-to” place for Child Abuse Prevention Month. There are toolkits, information on how to engage communities, working with the media, ideas for religious organizations, and much more. Here is the link to the 2016 Resource Guide: 2016 Federal CAP Guide
- Connect the Dots: A Movement for Children and Families
- About Minnesota Communities Caring for Children: MCCC Factsheet
- Protective Factors for Child Well Being
- Telling the Core Story of Prevention (download this short PowerPoint Presentation and use it as an introduction to your own community prevention presentation): Prevention Presentation
Pinwheels For Prevention
- National Pinwheels for Prevention Campaign
- Order Pinwheels
- A sample promotion letter for the barcoded pinwheel pin-ups is here: Pinwheel Bar Code Promotion
- A sheet with the pinwheel barcode form is here: Pinwheel Barcode
Communities – Actions and Tools
- Suggested radio script for PSAs: Sample Public Service Announcements
- 15 Second PSA (audio): Click here to listen
- 15 Second Wakanheza PSA (audio): Click here to listen
- 30 Second PSA (audio): Click here to listen
- Script for “It Only Takes One” PSA: Script for PSA It Only Takes One
- State and national contacts: State and National Contacts
- Internet resources: Internet Resources
- Reporting to child protection services: Reporting To Child Protection Services
- Child abuse reporting facts for Minnesota: Child Abuse Reporting Facts
- Minnesota Child Protection Agencies
- Parent Support Outreach Plans: Parent Support Outreach
- MCCC Publications online order form is here.
- 100 Ways to Personally Thrive
- PCAA “Why Prevention Matters” Papers: Why Prevention Matters From PCAA
- Prevent Child Abuse America bullying information and resources.